What can you do for tight muscles, especially in the shoulders and back?
Poor posture can be a cause (forward head posture)
- Use better sitting posture
- Consult a PT (Moench method)
- Pettibon Chiropractor for exersizes and therapies to improve posture
- Personal trainer can give you exercises to strengthen weak muscles, which will maintain good posture and stabilize joints. Joint instability can cause spasams.
Poor metabolism, or circulation
- Tens unit to activate weaker muscles
- Aerobic exercise to improve circulation
- Massage (Thai or deep tissue) to
Supplements to improve mitochondrial function
- Thiamine, and other B-vitamins
- Carnitine, if needed
- Red/NIR light therapy